Goa has emerged as an one of the most sought-after places for property ownership. The demand owes much to the natural and serene beauty of the place and also to the commercial benefits associated with it. It is not surprising that more and more people are buying and registering Goa property online.
Out of the two districts, South Goa generally interests people who are looking to buy a property for residence or similar purposes. Whereas, North Goa attracts investors and businessmen since the areas are comparatively more commerce-oriented. Properties in South Goa are usually cheaper than those in South Goa.
If you are willing to buy a Goa property online and you would like some insights on how to go about it, you have reached the right place. Keep reading to know about the procedure of Goa property registration.
Registering a Property
Registering a property is critical for many reasons. It gives you a government-recognized permanent document stating the transfer of ownership, which becomes very crucial in case of a dispute or at the time of reselling. However, property registration involves some legalities and hence is not a cakewalk for most people. This article will guide you for your Goa Property Registration through the facilities provided by sub registrar Goa online.
Goa Property Registration
The present article will give you a perception of the registering process after buying a Goa property online. Nevertheless, if you think that you need help, you can contact any independent lawyer to carry out the legal processing for you.
You can buy a property in Goa if-
- You are an Indian citizen living in or outside the state (in accordance with article 19(e) of the Indian Constitution).
- You are a citizen of India or a foreigner living outside the country (following the guidelines of FEMA or Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999).
As per the government of Goa, NRIs (Non-Resident Indians) and PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) cannot buy agricultural land in the state.
It is simple for an Indian resident to buy Goa property online. You can contact a dealer and make the transaction. After that, one should register the property. You can use the facilities by the sub registrar Goa online for Goa property registration and collecting information about property registration charges in Goa.
Steps To Register Goa Property Online
Here are the steps to use the sub registrar Goa online services-
The NGDRS, or National Generic Document Registration system is a portal by the government for the registrations of documents by the citizens in the online mode.
Register Yourself as Citizen
- You will find the ‘Citizen Registration’ option on the left side of the screen on the website. You need to open the hyperlink.
- The new window that appears will ask you to fill in some information about you like citizen type, name, contact number, address, identity details, etc.
- After that, you need to select a username and a password. There are some security questions to retrieve or change your password in case you forget it.
- Submit the form to get yourself registered.
Submit your Document
- Click on ‘Citizen Login’ and log into the system by using your username and password. You need to feed the OTP sent to your registered mobile number to log in successfully.
- Find the option of ‘Document Entry’ in the menu.
- Click on the new document entry.
- Fill up the form of general information.
- Upload the deed document file.
Once you feed the information and upload the document, the data goes to the respective SRO for scrutiny.
Register your Property
If the SRO approves your deed, it will appear in the SRO action tab. Now you can proceed further.
- Select the document to see the various tabs on the top of the screen. Fill up the required information in the first tab.
- Select property details like district, land type, taluka, etc.
- Select the location to view the rates.
- Enter the land area and zone (if applicable) and property boundaries and click save.
- On the next tab, select party details.
- Further, enter the witness details.
- The next step is fee calculation. Select your property. Click yes if you agree with the SRO value calculation. Enter the market value that SRO has approved. Click calculate and save. You will get the property registration charges in Goa and other amounts to be paid online and offline.
- Verify the details in the pre-registration document.
- Upload the remaining documents.
- Submit the application
- Finally, select the available SRO appointment slot.
We hope the article was helpful. Until next time!