The Manohar Lal Khattar-led Haryana Government amended the new integrated licensing policy, 2016 under the department of town and country planning [DTCP] to boost the real estate sector in State. This amendment makes the developers eligible to purchase extra floor area ratio [FAR] in the existing plot which will allow them to add more flats to the highrise projects.
Currently, the FAR [Floor Area Ratio] allotted to the developers is 1.25 and they can now purchase an extra FAR of 0.25 in cities like Gurgaon which is near to the national capital city Delhi.
Earlier, in May 2011, the State Government increased PPA i.e. People per Acre from 250 to 300 and the current Government is also keeping a check on the population density of group housing societies. Thus it retained the current PPA [people per acre] of 300.
The Khattar-led State Government made this third amendment to the licensing policy by the time BJP formed a government here in Haryana. Till now the Government has issued 231 new licenses across the state during its period.
The department of town and Country Planning announced these amendments recently. In case the owners of housing units in old societies willing to rebuild the structure can do so by convincing the builder for the same under the new amendment.
Under the new rule, the extra FAR will be calculated on 88% of the licensed area, whereas the remaining 12% area will be dedicated for housing to EWS [Economically Weaker Sections] according to the license conditions.
According to the notification for the group housing society, the license fee, conversion charges and external development charges of the residential component have to be paid at five-seventh (5/7th) of the rates.
In an order, AK Singh, principal secretary [town and country planning] said that any more required amendments will be made in Haryana Development and Regulation of Urban Areas Rules, 1976 and the Punjab Scheduled Roads and Controlled Areas Restriction of Unregulated Development Rules, 1965.