Falling on the central line of Mumbai’s suburban railway network, the Neral-Shelu belt has emerged as one of the most sought-after housing destinations in recent times especially in the affordable housing segment. Its strategic location and many infrastructural developments are becoming a driving force behind the increasing realty market of this extended Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
Let’s understand the importance of this belt in details:
Connectivity: A major player in this belt
- The Virar-Alibaug Multi-modal Corridor will reduce traffic load on Ghodbunder Road in future.
- Two MIDCs developed within a half hour distance from this belt.
- Neral-Shelu belt is well-connected to CST and Thane through the Central Line of Mumbai’s suburban railway network. In order to decongest CST, a railway terminal has also been planned at Vangani (close to Shelu).
- The Panvel-Karjat local train network will further reduce the traveling time Navi Mumbai’s CBD and the international airport, to Neral.
- Once the development of Panvel-Bhimashankar highway will be completed, the Neral-Shelu belt will be 40 minutes away from Navi Mumbai International Airport.
Infrastructural developments on the offer
Infrastructure has always played a major role in the development of any region. But as Neral-Shelu belt is known for its natural beauty, so the government has restricted much infrastructural development in this region due to fear of pollution and disturbance of environment. On the other hand, the area has seen many healthy developments in residential, educational and entertainment centers in last few years.
Many proposed infrastructural developments like Panvel-Bhimashankar Road, Virar-Alibaug Multi-modal Corridor and Badlapur-Khopoli Road are also supposed to significantly boost the growth prospects of the Neral-Shelu belt.
Property market: Future prospects
Till a few years back, this belt is known as the second home of many people, but because of its rich natural surroundings and pleasant climate for most of the year, it has become an ideal location for property buying in recent times.
According to a real estate expert, “Around three to four years ago, this area was mainly attracting second home seekers, looking for farmhouses, individual houses, and bungalows. However, this trend has started to dip, in the last few years. Consequently, now, investments in apartments and township development, where the society/developer can take care of the property more efficiently, are gaining preference. In such properties, the cost gets proportionately apportioned among the individual owners. Moreover, it doesn’t require recurring expenses for maintenance and keeping a watch over the investment.”
Many established builders have shown positive response in the property market of Neral- Shelu belt. Apart from that, they are mainly focusing on affordable housing segment so as to attract more and more property buyers to this area.
So before the property prices in this region begin to spiral up, book your home in this serene destination soon.