To serve the needs of Air force, naval officers and their families, the central government has set up Air Force Naval Housing Board (AFNHB) that is constructing housing units for selected beneficiaries. The housing board has till date handed over nearly 14All you need to know about Air Force Naval Housing Board Scheme000 houses to the beneficiaries.
Scroll down to read comprehensive details about the Air Force Naval Housing Scheme:
The following people are eligible to under this scheme:
- Widows of Air Force and Naval personnel who die in action.
- Widows of Air Force and Naval personnel who die in harness.
- Serving and re-employed Permanent Commissioned Officers, Airmen and Sailors of Air Force and Navy who have no prior allotment in any AFNHB schemes.
- Serving Short Service Commissioned officers of the Air Force and Navy, who have no prior allotment in any AFNHB schemes.
- Widows of retired Air Force and Naval personnel who are in receipt of Family pension and have no prior allotment in any AFNHB Scheme.
- Retired Air Force and Naval Officers, Airmen and Sailors who are in receipt of Pension or Disability Pension and have no prior allotment in AFNHB Scheme.
- Serving Air Force & Naval personnel and their widows who are allottees of an AFNHB Scheme.
- Retired Air Force & Naval personnel and their widows in receipt of pension / family pension who are allottees or registrants of an AFNHB Scheme.
- AFNHB staff who have completed 10 years of continuous service in AFNHB and who have not been allotted any DU in any AFNHB scheme; restricted to one DU in their entire service career.
Important Documents required while filing application:
- Serving Officers/PBORs need to submit an application form duly countersigned by Commanding officer / HOD along with photograph of self and nominee.
- Retired officers/widows/Retired PBORs need to submit an application form with photograph of self and nominee along with photocopy of Pension Payment Order (PPO).
Where to apply?
The eligible applicants are required to fill up an AFNHB application form. To download the form, beneficiaries have to visit http://www.afnhb.org/to download the application form.
Projects under Air Force Naval Housing Scheme
It is an important fact that all the housing projects which fall under this scheme are RERA approved so as to maintain transparency and accountability. Some of projects include:
AFNHB, Jal Vayu Towers, Meerut Project
AFNHB, Jal Vayu Towers, Jaipur Phase-II Project
AFNHB, Jal Vayu Towers, Mysore Project
AFNHB, Jal Vayu Towers, Dehradun Phase-II Project
Categories of Housing units
The AFNHB schemes have four categories of Flats i.e two categories for officers and two categories for PBORs. However, the configuration may change from Project to Project based on various factors such as demand, FAR, density requirement etc. The Officers can apply for any of the officer’s categories and PBOR may apply for any of the PBOR category.