MHADA which expands to Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority is a government housing scheme in Maharashtra for people belonging to EWS (Economically Weaker Section), LIG (Low Income Group), MIG (Middle Income Group), and HIG (High Income Group).
The pathetic condition of the old houses on the verge of a collapse and the shortage of affordable housing in Pimpri Chinchwad leading to slums caused the state government to intervene in the matter. The Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) was established in the year 1977 with the aim to provide low-cost houses to people in the urban and suburban areas of Maharashtra (which includes MHADA houses in Pimpri Chinchwad).
MHADA Housing Scheme in Pimpri Chinchwad
The growing population and the increasing number of industries have led to an acute shortage of affordable housing in Pimpri Chinchwad for the people. The private sector construction activities have proved to be highly insufficient in fulfilling the need. MHADA housing scheme in Pimpri Chinchwad is part of the government’s plan to cope with the miserable condition of housing in the state by providing Pimpri Chinchwad low cost housing.
Continuing the ongoing process of building and providing affordable housing in Pimpri Chinchwad to people in Maharashtra, MHADA has announced the availability and distribution of MHADA houses in Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune, Maharashtra.
The scheme was announced on 13th April 2021 and a total of 3000 flats are available for sale under various schemes like MHADA, PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojna), first-come-first-serve basis, etc. The Pimpri Chinchwad low cost housing scheme follows a lottery system. Eligible people who are interested in buying the MHADA houses in Pimpri Chinchwad can register themselves.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Affordable Housing in Pimpri Chinchwad by MHADA
Not everyone can participate in the lottery for MHADA low cost housing. There are certain criteria mandatory to be met in order to be eligible to apply for the MHADA houses in Pimpri Chinchwad. These are as follows-
- The candidate’s age must be above 18 years.
- The candidate must have a domicile certificate proving him/her a resident of Maharashtra.
- PAN card of the candidate is compulsory.
- To apply for the LIG (Low Income Group) flats, the candidate’s monthly income must be between Rs. 25,001 and Rs. 50,000.
- To apply for the MIG (Monthly Income Group) flats, the candidate’s monthly income must be between Rs. 50,001 and Rs. 75,000.
- To apply for the HIG (High Income Group) flats, the candidate’s monthly income must be Rs. 75,001 or above.
How to Participate in the Lottery of Pimpri Chinchwad low cost housing?
In order to avail of the flats provided by the MHADA housing scheme in Pimpri Chinchwad, one needs to take part in the lottery. Here are the steps to apply for the lottery-
Step 1. Register Yourself
- To register yourself, visit the website Home Page (mhada.gov.in) and click on register.
- Put your name, username, password, contact number, and other required information in the form that opens up.
- After submitting, another form appears. Fill up your monthly income and bank account details and upload your photograph. Verify the data and click on confirm.
Step 2. Apply for the Lottery
The lottery application option is available to only those whose photos and data get verified by the MHADA.
- After the verification, you have another form to fill to apply for the lottery.
- Select the desired housing scheme
- Select the income group, reservation category, etc.
- Provide the information about the current accommodation and income details.
- Submit the application.
Step 3. Make the Payment
This is the final step of applying for the Pimpri Chinchwad low cost housing by MHADA.
- Download the acknowledgement slip from the website.
- Paste your photograph and put your signature on the slip wherever applicable.
- Scan the attested acknowledgement slip.
- Upload the scanned acknowledgement slip on the website.
- Click on ‘Pay Online’.
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Payment’ sign. The screen that appears is the payment gateway.
- Accept the terms and conditions by ticking/clicking on the small box.
- Make the payment through any online payment method.
You have completed the application process for affordable housing in Pimpri Chinchwad by MHADA.
Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority or MHADA housing scheme in Pimpri Chinchwad is a commendable initiative by the Maharashtra government. It has helped to improve the state’s housing condition to a great extent and the beneficiaries are many. To know more, visit the official website of MHADA at mhada.maharashtra.gov.in.