Last updated on January 28th, 2021
The Delhi Development Authority [DDA] is a housing board that brings in the options to buy a home in Delhi. Also, this housing scheme is opened every year for the first-time buyers as it helps to cater the housing need of a common man. The authority selects huge open land to build multiple housing complexes in different sizes. But, there are things that you as an applicant of the DDA Housing Scheme 2018 must know.
Here are the points to consider about the DDA housing Scheme 2018.
Types of Residential Units
DDA plans housing for all section of the society and thus offers four specific kinds of housing units to turn the housing dream of every aspiring prospect into the reality. The homes build by DDA falls under the following categories:
- Janta Flats
- LIG [Low Income Group]
- MIG [Middle Income Group]
- HIG [High Income Group]
The price units of each residential unit vary according to its size and location. The cost of properties under this scheme starts at 18 lakhs and goes upto 1.5 Crore rupees. Also, the authority offers online and offline form submission procedure for the applicants.
The registration fees for Janta and LIG flats is Rs 1 lakh and for MIG and HIG flats, the applicant has to pay Rs 2 lakhs respectively.
From Where to Download Application Form
The applicants can visit DDA’s website for downloading the application form and the brochure. Similarly, the applicants can click on the websites of various designated banks to download the same. Here is the list of banks that have application form and brochure of DDA housing scheme 2018 on their websites.
- Axis Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Yes Bank
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- State Bank of India
The submitted details in the application form can be change within 72 hours from the date and time of submission of the application form. Also, the applicants can pay the registration fee online in DDA’s account through RTGS/NEFT from anywhere in the world.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply in DDA Housing Scheme 2018:
- The applicant must be of 18 years or above.
- The applicant must not hold property in his/her name anywhere in Delhi/ New Delhi/ Delhi Cantonment. The application will be rejected in case the applicant own property in his/her name or in the name of his/her spouse or his/her dependent relations, including unmarried children.
- DDA works on 1:1 and thus one applicant can only submit a single application.
- The couple is eligible to apply for the DDA Housing Scheme 2018 separately. But, one of the partners has to surrender the allotted property in case both husband and wife receive an allotment of a residential unit in the housing draw.
Steps to Apply for DDA Housing Scheme 2018 Online
- Firstly, visit the official website of DDA and get detailed information of location, unit detail and cost.
- Secondly, click on the ‘Online Public Service’ column shown on the left side of the homepage.
- Thirdly, click on the DDA Aawasiya Yojna, and this link will redirect you to a new page. Here on the new page will you get detailed procedure related to offline and online payment methods. The applicant will also get the attached list of designated banks on this page.
- Fourthly, the applicants have to fill their personal details and other details in the online registration form before clicking on the SUBMIT button. Here, the applicant has the option to choose payment mode between offline and online payment method.
- Lastly, the applicant has to submit the documents, along with the filled application form. You can submit these documents to the DDA’s office or can also upload the scanned copies online.
Documents Required for DDA Housing Scheme 2018:
- The applicant is required to have Self-attested PAN card.
- The applicant must also provide address Proof with a copy of self-attested passport, ration card, driving license, government identity card, telephone, electricity, or water bill, house tax receipt, bank passbook or Aadhaar card.
- The applicant must also produce Bank passbook or statement of account, as mentioned in the application form for the last one year, or a copy of the applicant’s income tax return(s), filed for the assessment year.
Process of Flat Allotment under DDA housing Scheme 2018
A computerized draw is scheduled to take place in the presence of independent judges after the submission of applications is closed by the authority.