The Delhi Development Authority, linked to the credit-linked subsidy scheme under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, recently approved the annual budget for 2021-22 with an outlay of Rs. 6,738 crore, while the receipts have been projected at Rs. 6,749 crore.
The scheme is the fourth housing scheme rolled out under DDA budget 2021-22, and the houses listed under this scheme this year are located in pretty well-connected areas.
DDA has nearly 35,000 flats under the DDA scheme, with most of the houses are available in Narela, where the housing and infrastructure authority was struggling to sell units. A significant chunk of the budget allocated on February 10 has been set aside for the Narela sub-city. An amount of Rs. 2,326 has been earmarked for land development and infrastructure, including power lines, roads, drainage, water supply, and sewage for Rohini, Dwarka, and Narela.
Apart from this, a notable allocation has been made for the transport infrastructure projects, including the DMRC for phase IV, i.e., Rithala-Bawana-Narela corridor and the UER II stretch’s construction Delhi National Highways Authority of India. The budget also focuses on the rejuvenation of water bodies and the Yamuna riverfront.
DDA Budget 2021-22 allocation for Ongoing housing projects
The DDA budget 2021–22 has allocated a sum of Rs. 1,100 for completing the housing projects that are likely to be completed in 2021-22.
“Construction of Housing for All under the PMAY is in progress at Kalkaji Extension, Jailor Wala Bagh, and Kathputli Colony. Construction of 7,500 EWS houses is in progress, which is likely to be completed by December 2021,” a DDA statement said.
Key highlights of DDA Budget 2021–22
- The Master Plan – The MPD 2041 draft is expected to be ready by March 2021 for statutory approvals. It has provisioned a sum of Rs 17 crore allocated for this purpose.
- Metro corridor construction – Under this DDA budget 2021-2022 Delhi Government has decided to allocate Rs 1,000 crore in a phased manner for the Rithala-Bawana-Narela corridor of Delhi Metro.
- Foot overbridges – To provide a safe passage to pedestrians, DDA has decided to construct four-foot overbridges, and an amount of Rs. 8 crores has been allocated for the same.
- Flyover cum railway construction – DDA Budget 2021–22 has kept aside Rs 6 crore for the construction of a flyover cum Railway over Bridge (ROB) in Narela, which is expected to be completed by March this year.
- Construction of a drain – A massive amount of Rs. 9 crores is set aside for the construction work of drain in Sector 8, Dwarka has been undertaken to discharge drain water of IGI airport.
- Action Plan – DDA has created an Action Plan for the rejuvenation of 41 water bodies, for which the authority has allocated Rs 40 crore. Work on ten water bodies has already been completed.
- Maintenance of city parks – Under this DDA Budget 2021-2022, a sum of Rs 112.40 crore has been provided to develop and maintain city parks maintained by DDA.
- Budget allocated for a park in Dwarka – Apart from this, an outlay of Rs 280 crore has been earmarked for developing the Bharat Vandana Park in the Dwarka area. The park is spread over 80 hectares, and NBCC will execute it.
- East Delhi Hub project – DDA has undertaken a project for which the authority has made a provision of Rs 500 crore. The project is based on integrated development on Transit-oriented development norms, and it is one its kind project in Karkardooma.
- Decentralized STPs – Authority has allocated Rs 10 crore for setting up Decentralized STPs/Wastewater Treatment Plants to supply water to the city parks.
- A massive amount for promotion of sports – For the promotion of sports, an amount of Rs 410 crore has been allocated, including three new sports complexes at Dwarka and one at Rohini. A golf course in Dwarka and 18 sports complexes and two golf courses are also expected to come up on a PPP basis.
- Refurbishment and up-grading commercial centers – To upgrade the commercial centers like Nehru Place, Basant Lok Community Center, and Bhikaji Cama Place. Rs 46 crore was allocated for the purpose.
- Amount allocated for Utsav Pandal – Rs 13.50 crore has been assigned to construct Utsav pandals at Madangir, Dwarka, Rohini, and Shahdara as declared DDA Budget 2021-2022
- Dedicated track for cyclists – The new Delhi cycle walk project is in its planning process, which will bring a large number of car rides to the Delhi roads. The authority has planned to create a dedicated corridor track for cyclists from Badarpur to Malviya Nagar and has kept aside Rs 28 crore.