The Karnataka Government is planning to develop around 1 lakh affordable homes for the economically weaker segment living in Bengaluru. The project will be developed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) initiative and the beneficiaries can avail subsidy as provided under the scheme. The phase 1 of the scheme has already been closed and now people can apply online under the phase-2 of the project.
According to a Government official, those who are living in different parts of Bengaluru like Bangalore West, Bangalore East, Bangalore South, and Bangalore North are eligible to apply under the scheme. All these flats will be developed on the state government land and the cost of the home is Rs 9 lakh excluding infrastructure cost and subsidy amount.
Here are some of the important points that are needed to keep in mind while applying for the phase-2 of the scheme.
- All those who do not own a house in Bengaluru are eligible to apply.
- They should be living in Bengaluru from last five years.
- The annual household income of the family must be Rs 87,000.
- The applicant must not have applied to any other affordable housing scheme.
The state government has segregated all residential units under different categories. For instance, 30% of the houses are reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC), 10% for Scheduled Tribes (ST), 105 for Minorities and rest 50% for the General category. Based on this, an applicant has to submit the required documents and certificates along with the online application form.
- Aadhar Card number (Mandatory for all)
- Voter ID card (Mandatory for all)
- Bank Account number (Mandatory for all)
- Registration number granted by the Labour Department (Only for construction workers)
- Caste certificate number
- Income certificate number
- Domicile certificate number
Steps to File Application (Phase-2)
To fill up the online application form, one has to visit the below link:
The applicant has to fill up the complete application form and submit all the required documents along with Rs 100 registration fee. Payments can be done through via digital mode that includes debit cards, credit cards, and internet banking.
Once the applicant will submit the form, they will get a beneficiary code. Save this code as it will help in checking the status of allotment in later stages.
The beneficiaries can also avail a subsidy of 2 lakh under the housing scheme. For those belonging to SC and ST category, a subsidy of 3.5 lakh can be availed. A beneficiary can also avail a home loan on the same if needed.