A Quick Outdoor Garden Furniture Decor Ideas
Who doesn’t love a comfortable and peaceful time in the lap of mother nature? We do. But unfortunately, it is not safe and advisable in the current times to be outdoors. However, you can create your own little space without going anywhere. Outdoor gardens and Terrace gardens are wonderful ways to do so.
People are spending a lot of time, money and effort to design and decorate their outdoor garden space as it is one of the most aesthetic parts of your home. The choice of outdoor garden furniture is a crucial decision that affects the overall look and feel of your space.
There are many factors and various outdoor garden furniture ideas that need to be considered while you are looking for garden furniture like- the type of furniture, the material of the furniture, the colour scheme, the quality, the vibe that you are trying to achieve with your garden etc.
The end result is highly dependent on your taste and preferences. For example, some people would like to incorporate the aqua feel in their garden by adding a small pond system or a water bowl or something similar. While others may want to go with the fire concept to complete their look for a fire-bowl or fire pits with propane or gas fuelled fire. Nevertheless, no matter which way you are inclined there are some factors that all need to brood over.
What Material Is Best For Outdoor Garden Furniture?
There are different types of materials for garden furniture available in the market. The best material for your garden furniture is a subjective matter. It depends on your taste and more so on the environmental conditions of the place you live at. The furniture we are talking about will have to stay outside and endure all physical conditions that mother nature bestows. It is only logical to consider factors like amount of rain, sunlight, wind, etc. in your area before choosing the material.
- Wooden garden furniture is preferred by many as it gets gelled with the outdoors environment and gives a very natural vibe to the space. It is a classic material option for garden seating furniture. However, there are varieties of wood available for furniture in the market and while most of them are a good fit for indoor furniture, not all of them would stand the extreme outdoor weather conditions.
Hardwoods are generally sturdier and better suited for garden furniture. Nonetheless, there are also different types of hardwood and they have their own pros and cons. Hardwoods are not carving intricate designs and are usually expensive.
- Metal is another very popular material for garden furniture. They are loved for their strength, malleability and durability (if properly cared for). Metal is particularly suitable for terrace garden furniture as they generally make an aesthetically better fit than the wooden ones. Materials like stainless steel, wrought iron and aluminium are among the most preferred metals.
However, they are also not the ideal choice in all senses. Metals are susceptible to corrosion when left in contact with moisture for long. They also get heated up and are not suitable for lounging after a sunny day.
- According to your budget, suitability and choice, you can also go for other materials like Plastic, tempered glass, HPL, concrete, etc.
Garden Furniture Ideas According to Space
The amount and kind of space that you have in your garden is also a major factor while deciding the type of furniture. While big and spacious gardens can accommodate even a luxury garden furniture set or something like recliner chairs or lavish sofa sets, smaller gardens need some space conserving arrangements.
Garden furniture for small gardens may ditch the table so that the central space is not occupied. Here are some options one with a small garden can consider-
- Benches- They make a sitting space that takes comparatively lesser space and can also be put along the wall to keep the central space free.
- Bistro Set- They consist of two chairs and a small that is quite space efficient. They do not make the place look crowded.
- Foldable Chairs- They are a smart option as they are equally comfortable and when you don’t need to sit, you can easily store them inside.
We hope this article was useful and you find the perfect outdoor furniture. All the best!
Also Read : DIY: Unique Ideas to Decorate Outdoor Benches